Tuesday, October 25, 2005

World Series Bound

Tonight, I will be AT the World Series. Valerie's name was drawn in a last chance lottery for tickets, so yesterday at the beginning of my second period class, I ran--well, walked very fast--to her room and stood beside her while she searched for tickets. Once the tickets had been purchased--at regular price!--I spent the rest of the day with a cheesy grin on my face. :-) (It's still there this morning, too.)

Last night, we had to pick up our tickets at the ballpark. We both felt that it wouldn't be real until we had the tickets in our hands. After she got the tickets and we got back into her car, we both had to hold one, examine it, and make sure it was real.

So, we get to see the first World Series game to ever be played in Houston, the first to ever be played in the state of Texas. Pretty cool!

1 comment:

Peace Be, Clint-Michael ... said...

Girl ... how exciting. I'm soooo proud of the 'Stros! I remember watching them since I was a little kid with Jose Cruz and Biggeo and Nolan Ryan, etc... I hope they do well and what a COOL experience for you. Enjoy. Give Valerie my best. Love you.