Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Reading Now

If you look at my right sidebar, you will see that three books are tagged as "Currently Reading" in my LibraryThing catalog, but I am really only reading one book right now. I have set February 28 as my deadline for finishing (finally!) War and Peace. I am currently just past page 800, which means that I have just over 400 pages left to go. I will meet this deadline!

The past two days and tomorrow at work students are taking TAKS practice tests, and my duty in the mornings is relief hall monitor--I have to relieve the hall monitors who make sure only one student goes into the bathroom at a time. In the afternoon, my duty is to monitor testers who did not finish the test in the morning. Both duties lend themselves to getting a bit of reading done, and I have taken advantage of the opportunity. I will meet this deadline!

Another factor: Valerie is going out of town next Wednesday and won't return until Sunday, so I will be able to concentrate on reading for the last four days of the month. She is such a distraction when she is here. ;-)

I will meet the deadline! And then I will immediately begin Towelhead, the current book club selection. I read the first few pages after I bought the book, and I think it will be a fast read. I hope so, since I am leaving myself just two week to get that read. After that, I have decided that I am going to read The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. I am in the mood for a mystery.

And about that other "currently reading" book, The Warrior Queens, I will work it in here and there and will eventually finish it.

2 comments:

Valerie said...

I'm not a distraction, and if I am, I'm a good one!

Kim said...

Well, of course, you are a desired distraction. :-)