Thursday, June 29, 2006

New Look

I have to thank Valerie for my blog's cool new look. Last week, I mentioned that I was bored with the look of my blog and planned to change my template. She said that she had been thinking about changing hers too and would help me do mine. Didn't she do a great job!

Now, I need to find time to write something worthy of this cool new look. ;-) Maybe my visit to the Houston Center for Contemporary Craft and the MFA will inspire me to write something worth reading. The kiln-glass exhibit at the craft center was very cool. I would never have dreamed that someone could do some of those things with glass. The MFA currently has several interesting exhibits: The Gee's Bend quilts, contemporary Argentine photography, works by Houston artist Bert Long, some works from the Peter Blum Edition archives.

I always return from the museum wishing I was an artist, wishing I could speak to people through art of some kind, wishing I had the time to create, wishing that my creations would be deemed important. Over a year ago, I purchased a set of watercolors, brushes, and paper, but I have yet to paint anything. Last night, I wrote a poem, or started a poem, about a person that I saw in a pub recently. His image haunts me, and I tried to write about it. I have thought often since I saw him that I should paint that scene, but I have yet to even try. As usual, I am not satisfied with what I wrote last night, so it will probably never be seen by anyone.

Enough whining. It's summer vacation! I think I will spend the afternoon doing some pleasure reading before I get back to work on my library science classes. Later.

1 comment:

Valerie said...

Damn, that is an awesome picture! Who took such an awesome picture? They must be incredibly talented, and probably smart, funny and hot, too! ;-)