Saturday, June 17, 2006

Perfect Weather

This post has to be quick. I have soooooo much work to do today. I am going to spend my day reading, and it is the perfect weather for me to do that. It's a dark and rainy day. Too bad I have to spend it reading for my courses. I would much rather spend it reading for pleasure. I am listening to classical music via my digital cable provider, and classical music would be the perfect background music for reading Sophie's Choice. However, I have to get caught up and ahead on my class work since I have to do real work on Tuesday and Thursday of this week.

I wish I had been able to find a new job, so I could have neglected the curriculum writing on Tuesday and the workshop teaching on Thursday, but apparently no one in HISD believes that I am the right teacher for their high school. I'm not going to even mention the 16 jobs that I applied for or the fact that I got only 2 interviews, because I will just depress myself further and not get the work done that I need to do.

It just started raining harder, so I'm going to start reading now. Maybe I'll post something interesting soon.

No comments: