Thursday, January 26, 2006

A quickie

Is that how you spell that? No, I'm not writing about sex, just a quick post. I have been so lax in reading and writing lately. Last week, I started my first course for my degree in library science. It's just an introductory course, but it's online and a bit daunting at first--so much basic stuff to do and do in a certain order. My grade for the first module (set of assignments) should be posted today or tomorrow. So, the course has kept me distracted from blogs and blogging lately, but other things are to blame too.

I still can't seem to get ahead at work, yet I'm still working from the time I get to work until I leave. Last week, I stayed late almost every night (Valerie & I carpal, you know, and she needed to let her yearbook students work late to meet their fast approaching deadlines), but I still didn't get caught up enough to relax about my work. Argh!!! I have to try to get a library job next year. I would rather drive myself crazy learning a new job than planning & grading.

To prove that I've been completely distracted, I finished Ireland last week and have read only 2 or 3 pages of Oryx and Crake, but I have re-read almost all of Wuthering Heights for my AP class. I feel lost not having time to read. I'm going to have to figure out a schedule for working on my course so that I still have some time to read each night. Lack of my own personal reading time is another reason why I have to be brave and try to get into a library position for next school year.

Well, I have to go now. I'm driving this week, and it's time to go pick up Valerie. I will write more later. Have a great day!

No comments: