Monday, August 13, 2007

New Librarian Day 1

Today was my first official day on the job as a school librarian. Unfortunately, I didn't have computer access and won't get any job specific training until Wednesday afternoon. So, I spent my first day doing very little except pretending to work. I did try to get my office organized and went through a summer vacation's worth of mail, but I was extremely bored for much of the day. I made a list of pretend tasks for me to do tomorrow, just in case I still don't get computer access.

It's really too bad that I have to wait until later in the week to have access to library software because there is lots of real things that I could be doing. There were lots of teachers there getting ready for back to school activities, making copies, and hanging team-related decorations. I felt like a real slacker, but there really wasn't anything I could do about it.

The most fun that I had was setting up my librarian action figure. Valerie surprised me with not just the action figure, but the deluxe action figure set. I took a photo with my camera phone. It's a crappy photo, but I didn't have a good camera. I'll try to take a better photo and post later. Here it is:

It's hard to see, but she is shushing you. When you push the button on her back, her finger moves to her mouth to shush. It's quite funny!

Well, it's late, and I have another day of pretend work tomorrow. I guess that I better get to bed now.

1 comment:

Valerie said...

I'm glad you liked your action figure! :-)