Sunday, April 03, 2005

Idea for a new job

I've been thinking of what I can do instead of teaching, which I have grown to hate--sad, but true. I think complete burnout is the cause of my hatred, but, whatever the cause, I can't ignore the hatred anymore. Not that I've been ignoring it--all my friends at work know I have come to abhor teaching--my whining has been loud and long this year, but I have to do something real about it. For the past few days, I have been thinking that I would like to go to work for some kind of humanitarian organization. Due to my deplorable financial situation, I cannot volunteer for any organization, but I could work for one for pay. I'm sure most don't pay well, but I think I might find this kind of work fulfilling anyway. As we all know, teaching doesn't really pay well either. I found a site calle d Idealist.org, that I'm going to use to search for jobs. Who knows, maybe I will find something that I can afford to do. I'll keep you posted on the results.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I used that site a while back to try to find a job, but I decided that I couldn't afford to work for one of those organizations. Sadly, the salaries are often 2/3 to 1/2 what we make now. :(

Valerie

Valerie said...

Dang, I didn't think that I posted that. I didn't mean for it to sound as discouraging as it does. Just my own disappointment, really.