Friday, March 04, 2005

In the beginning

I plan to use this blog as a place to talk about literature, art, politics, work, and anything else I can think of. I want to write very interesting things that people will want to comment on, but I refuse to be disappointed if that doesn't happen.

About literature - I just started reading What Was She Thinking? [Notes on a Scandal]. It's about a teacher who is writing about a co-worker & friend who has an affair with a student. So far, the book is very funny and right on in describing teaching situations. At one point a teacher describes a new teacher's unruly and undisciplined class: "It was Lord of the Flies in there." I laughed when I read this. I immediately thought of the class that goes on across the hall from me. The teacher is just out of college, and she started at midyear. I am just waiting to hear screams of "Help!" from there. I just know it will happen before the year is over. I really don't see how any learning goes on in there at all.

Well, I guess that's enough to begin.

1 comment:

Shamus O'Drunkahan said...

Good luck with blogging!